Abandoned: My summer


APOLOGY


I feel the need to apologise for my absence as I have left this blog for three months. I am not sure if I even have people who care about my summer enough to read through this but hopefully you might.

I am sorry.

Hello again




THE POSH LIFE

I spent my summer working as a waitress in Harrods, yes I know sounds fancy- but is it? Let me fill you in.
It was honestly very intimidating yet challenging. The prices of the items sold in the store are higher than my mama's yearly salary, but you know this already.

Customers in Harrods




At first it was hell and I do pay my respect to anyone who works in the hospitality industry, but before I knew it I like it a little bit.
I was interviewed by my bestie @reemmakari in the journalism business, a "high" profile interview, I must add for the "Daily No One Cares":

“Poverty is not good for your body”, a summer awakening by a broke student 


Spending the majority of her three month long summer working at the always elegant, Harrods, Ayomide Alli shares her eye opening experience. 

Growing up in a working class environment, the eighteen year old never lived the posh and luxurious lifestyle. It wasn’t until she got her job in Harrods that she witnessed these people “living la vida loca”. 

In that short period of time she had a big realization. “Money equals happiness, without money, you will be sad.” 

As a student she would usually go through periods of being completely broke. Still, she works hard every day to achieve that high-class lifestyle in the future. For now, however, she will only keep dreaming.

by Reem Makari

Also please don't take my words seriously😉

Wholeness





I will say that one thing my summer taught me is that I should do what I love, if it doesn't make me happy I will strive to put myself situation that makes me happy. A lot of commuters seem less than excited to go to their jobs and they can't wait to go home. My summer job was fun but in 5 years I won't be happy doing it. If you are in a relationship, friendship or a 'situationship'  you dread or don't look forward to don't stay, LEAVE. If you are broke and that is your only source of income,
you might consider getting a job first before leaving. 🌝


Comments

Popular Posts